Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Time to Purge

Me Hoola Hooping - Summer 2012

It's tough to look at this picture.  Sure, I see myself having a blast! I loved everything about this day. Another thing I see, however, is an overweight woman in not-so-fantastic health.

I have decided to try the Master Cleanse. I have heard a lot about it and have been considering it for a while now. Recently, some friends did the cleanse and got quite a bit out of it, which was that little nudge I needed to finally get fully on board. You can read more about the cleanse here.  There are also some helpful videos on www.youtube.com from people who have done the cleanse.

Here's my hope: I am going to get all of the materials for the cleanse tomorrow. I'll do the "ease in" phase for a couple of days, and then by the weekend I'll plunge into the cleanse.

I'm hoping to stick with the cleanse until about November 15th or so. I picked this date because it will allow me a few days to "ease in" before I have the food-heavy Thanksgiving meal...and yes, I *DO* plan to eat on Thanksgiving!!!!  If I therefore end up doing the cleanse for approximately 10 or so days, that should not only start to cleanse me out, but should also help me drop some pounds before Thanksgiving. 

I am going to need a great deal of will power to pull this off - even "only" doing it for 10 day stints at a time. The thing is, however, whenever I look at that picture above, I can remind myself that my body NEEDS this. I don't want to look like this anymore. I don't want to FEEL like this anymore. I've had various different health ailments this year, and I am not enjoying them one bit. It will not get any easier as I continue to get older. I have *GOT* to get a handle on my weight and health. I've simply GOT to.

Please say a few prayers. I think I might need them.

2 comments:

  1. What I see is a gorgeous, vibrant, graceful and powerful body moving with health and vigor. My hope for you is that you do not do the cleanse (there's lots of science that says why this is a bad idea for your health) and I hope you find a way to treat your body well, even if you find it difficult to love it at the moment. I have a Pinterest board you may be interested in: http://pinterest.com/onbradstreet/haes-health-at-every-size/ Remember, health has nothing to do with weight. This is my prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy. I really appreciate your thoughts. I am not doing the cleanse for weight loss primarily, but to release toxins from my body as a jump start to ultimately a better weight and better health. I have not been eating well for a very long time, and I'd like to flush some of that crap out of my body and then begin eating better.

    The body image thing...yes, that is an issue I have, and I really appreciate that I need to think differently about it. What I see when I look at that body is not just a bigger size, but I see it filled with unhealthy crap. I see it holding onto years of soda, chips, candy and other sweets. I see it drowning in pies and processed foods.

    If my health wasn't suffering so much, perhaps the weight itself would not be as much of a concern. I am working on loving my body as it is, but I cannot in good conscience feel good about the crap that is sitting in each fold and dimple on that body.

    ReplyDelete