Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Why aren't we being encouraged to homeschool?

The kids out for an afternoon bike ride

So my question for today is: Why aren't we being encouraged to homeschool our children? 

I have been running into some obstacles to providing an alternative education for the kids. It's particularly surprising that people in the homeschool community would not embrace our decision and clap us loudly on the back for our choice to try to find a way to make it work. Whenever I hear about a family who are considering homeschooling, I am always overjoyed and let them know as much. We've reached out to four different groups...and hopefully one of them will have space for us.

There are a few kid souls out there who are willing to show some support for our decision, and for that I am very grateful. Now to find out if we can actually be a part of the group we're most suited for.
Fingers crossed....I'll keep you all updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment