1. Peel and then shred carrots until you have 3 cups worth
Look how amazing that orange looks!
3 cups worth at last! Set aside.
2. Combine 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar (or honey or other sugar substitute),
1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp baking soda. Mix well with a whisk. Add carrots and mix
well for a good 2 mins with whisk.
3. Add 4 large eggs, 1/2 cup blueberry (or other flavor) applesauce, 1/2 cup vegetable oil. Add raisins (or other dried fruit) and nuts at this point.
4. Fill baking cups (or lightly spray silicon baking cups with cooking spray) and fill 3/4 full with mix.
"Mommy, that applesauce you spilled tastes delicious!"
5. Cook at 350F for about 20-25 mins until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
These don't need icing, but I did sprinkle a tiny bit of cinnamon-sugar atop the muffins as soon as they emerged from the oven and were still hot.
Look at that gorgeous color!
This is supposed to make 24 muffins, but I only managed about 22 (but I might fill my cups a little more than 3/4 full). These will freeze well (just reheat for about a minute in the microwave) and make a great on-the-go breakfast or a great snack anytime!
Serve with a nice cold glass of some vanilla almond milk for extra yumminess!
p.s. Don't forget to compost those carrot peels! I dump mine to my worm compost bin.







No comments:
Post a Comment