For My Love
I once had a very limited view of what love meant. My past experiences with what I thought love was consisted of strange, sometimes obsessive, insecure, disfunctional 'companionship' with another person.
Meeting you turned my life completely on its head in so many ways. Knowing you has given me a definition of love that I truly had no real concept of!
At first, when we started getting to know one another, I carried on as though love still meant what I had been conditioned to expect it to mean. Your never-ending patience, calmness and steadfastness allowed me to grow. I had heard whispers of the sort of peace that comes from real love, but it seemed like a fantasy that I could not conceive of. You showed me a new definition of 'real'.
I still feel insecure once in a while, but it is so rare and fleeting after all this time with you. Without ever having to say a word, your beautiful being-ness continues to touch my soul and heal it. You give me a new and more glorious understanding of love each and every day of our lives together.
I am becoming more of the kind of person I want to be. Your love is so allowing. It is so freeing.
I still have a ways to go. I am a work-in-progress. I am so thankful that I can be myself, warts and all, and know that your love is still there.
Love is Patient. Love is kind. Love is us.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment