Courtesy of RahBrahs youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/VitaminRB
After watching this video, I worked with the kids on 'tuning'. We got out the musical instruments and talked about where the instrument resonated in our bodies. I love how energized I felt after tuning/toning my body just by consciously thinking about the energy centers in my body that are opened by certain musical tones.
Intuitively, it seems to me that a regular practice of tuning/toning with kids (maybe once a week?) might help to center them and balance them emotionally as well as physically. It also helps connect them with mother earth, so I bet this would be even more fun to bring the instruments outside and try this (once the weather cooperates, of course).
I once read that the singer Enya has healing properties to her voice, and that because of the vocal range of her songs (and the way they typically flow rhythically), listening to her music can be incredibly healing to mind, body and soul. I happen to love listening to Enya, and can attest to the fact that I always feel better after listening to her music. It calms me, focuses me in the moment, and certainly touches every chakra in my body.
No comments:
Post a Comment