Saturday, September 5, 2009

September Homeschooling Artwork


We had such fun yesterday creating these apple prints, I just had to post a pic of them!  The idea is to take an apple and cut it in half, dip it into paint and let/help the kids press the painted sides onto paper.  Change colors and repeat.  The first project - which is beside the apple print - I dabbed glue in random spots and then let/helped the kids stick pieces of cut up construction paper onto the glue.  Being 2 years old, I think my son did a pretty good job (with a little help from mom)!
Can you tell that this month's theme is "apples" in our house?!

2 comments:

  1. My boys would NOT want to do that one... Sam would get stroppy about not being able to EAT the apple LOL. THe do love for me to cut them in half crossways so they can see the magick star inside :D Maybe potato stamping would work for us though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for fellow homeschooling Witches!!! I'm so glad I found you!

    The apple prints are a cool idea. We will have to try them here.

    ReplyDelete