Friday, September 4, 2009

Embrace of the Mother

 
Due to a series of events (including either too much rain, too much heat, or too many mosquitos), this is the very first time our lovely S. has been introduced to the grass.  The amazing thing is that although she has had colic for the past few months, and therefore often requires a great deal of work to get her to settle in, the very moment I laid her down into the grass, she was immediately quiet.  Her little fingers caressed the grass gently as a soft breeze blew across her body.  I saw the most contented smile on her face.  Within 5 minutes, she gently fell into a deep sleep. The energy around this child was just amazing.  It really felt as though she were being embraced by the Mother.
                                               
In other news, tonight is a drum circle at my friend Richard's house.  I just love his place! He has a really amazing circle he worked really hard on in his backyard.  I'll have to ask him sometime if he'd allow me to take a picture of it to post.
(UPDATE: Apparently I got my wires crossed and there wasn't a drum circle after all. Maybe next time!)
                                                          
Have a great full moon tonight!  I just know tonight is going to be magical - combining a fire/drum circle with time with my hubby, the full moon and a comfortable summer night will definately make for some awesome energy!

1 comment: