1. Post the rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about "you are tagged if you are reading this. You have to legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 Random Things About Me
1. I am somewhat of a recluse! It's not that I'm afraid of people, large crowds or any of that. I just prefer my own company! I seem to enjoy smaller gatherings because I feel they are more intimate and I can get to know more people on a 1-on-1 basis. Having said that, I do occasionally enjoy large gatherings (especially with folks of like mind) just for the sheer fun of it!
2. I am a firm believer in information freedom. SOPA/PIPA and the new internet treaty Obama signed make me very uncomfortable feeling as though we're moving toward an Orwellian future. Ugg.
3. I secretly would love another child. I know my husband is not on the same boat on this one, but I've always dreamed of a large family.
4. I would love to learn how to play the guitar, but whenever I try it kills my hands.
5. Sometimes I collect little rocks I find when I'm out. I put them on my altar as a remembrance of the day.
6. I believe in karmic and spiritual connections to people.
7. I have never had a true father figure in my life. Somehow, I think I turned out alright, and I don't hate men or have strange obsessions or issues with them (in my opinion). I forgave my dad for abandoning me...of course, that doesn't mean I forgot. I wish him well, but do not care to have a connection to him in my life.
8. I think I could easily live in a shack in the woods with my family, off the grid and away from it all.
9. I wish I had a gay male best friend. (Like Stanford from Sex and the City) - Sorry Serenity Raven, but I had to steal this because I agree!
10. I love old school country music (Kenny Rogers, Anne Murray, Statler Brothers, etc). I grew up listening to it and still love it.
11. I think the world is on the cusp of an important spiritual evolution. There will still be resistance to it by some, but I feel we're all in for some pleasant surprises on the spiritual front!
11 Questions Asked by Serenity Raven
1. What is the defining moment of your life?
I think it would have to be when I met my 2nd husband. I realized I had the strength to insist upon my own happiness. I took a leap of faith for myself (and thankfully it worked out!), and during that time, I discovered a kind of patience and strength I never realized I had.
2. What song could you listen to over and over?
This one is really hard. Can I just list an artist/group instead? I'm going to say the Indigo Girls. So many of their songs reflect different stages and moods of my life.
Thinking back....if I had to guess, I'll list the first one I remember, which is Crystal Gayle's single LP Do That To Me One More Time (yes, that would be on vinyl)
I haven't been enough places yet to list a favorite, but to be honest, even if I travel the world over, I suspect I'd still love sitting on a beach looking out to sea the best.
I guess a very economical SUV that is an electric/fuel hybrid or some such.
I can sit 'penguin legged' (as they call it). In other words, I sit with my calves splayed outwards away from my body, rather than inwards...kinda hard to explain! p.s. All 3 of my kids inherited this from me! Maybe our knees are double-jointed or something?
I would say I was around 3/4 and lived in Portland Maine in an apartment complex. I remember going to my mom's friend Gerine's daughter's apartment for childcare, and then my mom's boyfriend Dicky taught me how to ride my bike in that same complex.
I would want to make love to my husband (assuming he was also the opposite sex) to see what it is like from his perspective.
Flying. It would make it so much easier to get around!
I've kept journals off and on over the years. This is a great way to journal while also sharing with others. I guess I'm a teacher at heart. If someone can benefit from anything I say, then awesome!
I really enjoy my own company.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am not quite ready to tag my own people, or make up 11 questions yet...I'm going to just marinate on it for now and then contact those 11 bloggers privately. Thanks for being interested enough to read this far!
lovely post. As to your guitar troubles, try Daisy Rock guitars. They're make specifically for women or other people with smaller hands. I picked up the bass guitar recently, and it's a lot easier on my hands, too. My husband plays guitar, and our eldest son is asking for a drum kit.
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog and can't wait to browse through it!
Blessings!
Thanks Sapphire! I have more active blogging spurts sprinkled with less activity, but I definitely plan to be more active this coming year! I didn't have many people reading it for a long time...it's been great to have more folks stopping by!
ReplyDelete