A is for Angel
Let's get back to homeschooling! This post is going to be a display of what we're doing for our Waldorf-Inspired main lesson book.
Because our apartment is small, and we're just now starting to get on our feet here in the tropics, I don't have a chalkboard or a place to even put one yet. Those who have been playing along will know that it's a huge challenge for me to forgo doing chalk drawings!! I decided to come up with a compromise. Instead of drawing these letter forms on a chalkboard, I've created a master copy of the main lesson book from which my DD6 will copy.
I have come up with these letter forms from perusing pinterest boards, and no copywrite infringement, therefore, is meant. I know there are expensive books you can buy with similar forms in them, but I certainly cannot afford to purchase them and I know many of you cannot either. That's why I'm offering up what *I* have drawn up (literally!) for free to help inspire you.
So, below are all of the letter forms from my master copy main lesson book. I hope you enjoy them:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is what I got for the main lesson books for these letters:
And here are a couple of examples of my DD6's efforts to copy these into her own main lesson book (we do one letter a week)....
As you can see, I've already gone through her book and used dots to outline both the letter and the word that she'll be tracing/copying. Because she is autistic, this is an easier way to help her focus her movements on the page. As she becomes more proficient with her pencil grip and with her ability to focus and spacially figure out where she needs to be working within the perimeter of the page, I'll stop creating the dot outlines for her and will start having her do all of the work herself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope this helped you! I have often done searches for examples of the letter forms, only to find a blog with only a handful of samples within their post...or they will only do the consonants, for example. Since it was so hard for me to find the entire alphabet within one blog, I wanted to save someone else down the line the same frustration and have all of them here in one post.






























No comments:
Post a Comment