Monday, February 22, 2016

One More For The Road


I guess when it rains it pours. I have had so many things I've wanted to blog about lately, but time and energy keeps getting in the way. Since I have some time tonight, as you can see I'm just unloading it all here onto my page.

The above book was one we brought home from the library. I am *SO* excited to have found a local library with a story time that we are really loving!!  Although my DS8 is a little old for the target audience, he is still (for the moment at least) happy to attend the story time with his sister. I plan to bring things he can play quietly with for when he stops being interested in it. 


What lovely books we picked out this week, to be sure! I really loved the above book (The Blue Pearls). It was about a group of angels in heaven preparing to receive a mother into heaven soon. I didn't know what it was about when I plucked it off of the bookshelf, but I'm really glad it came home with us.


Sorry for the sideways picture. My daughter does not watch a lot of TV, but one show that she does enjoy when she's allowed TV time is a show called Giggle and Hoot. As luck would have it, we found this book based on the TV show, and it was a big hit with DD6!


And last but not least is this Tintin adventure comic. My DS8 LOVED this book, so we'll be searching the library archives for more in the series (and ordering from the inter-library loan program if it is located at a different library). My son actually sat and read (without any prompting) all of the above books. Just yesterday, he was so excited to see the new batch of books we just brought home that he sat and read them all while eating his lunch!  My husband and I are so thrilled, because until now it has been a bit of a chore to get him to read on his own, and now he seems to have caught the reading bug thanks to this book (which prompted him to then read all the rest of them that we had brought home).


DD6 reading at the library....


DS8 during his "Working Lunch"

When your kids are able to read, you've suddenly opened up the world to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment