Let it snow!
I certainly don't need to remind Mother Nature that I'd like it to snow, because she's been doing a fine job all on her own! We got over a foot of snow Saturday night, and tonight we're expecting about 4 to 8 more inches. I think it's safe to say that we'll be having a white Christmas this year!
These snowboards sit in the snow bank awaiting the children
while they are inside getting snowsuits on.
The kids loved that our snowplow guy made a hill for them to slide upon.
A snow fight begins!
A snowball is about to be launched!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On the homeschool front, we have been focusing quite a bit on the theme of winter. We have been doing some winter copywork to help improve my son's pencil grip and writing. Our story time has centered around the classic tales of St. Nicholas (the man) as well as how this season is celebrated around the world. We are about to do a little learning about St. Lucia next, and of course this weekend is the Winter Solstice, which we celebrate as a family.
My son has been very interested in learning the typical Christmas songs that are played on the radio when we're in the car. It's been so great to see him so excited about it. We'll be making holiday cookies as well as my mom's peanut butter fudge.
As I go outside and feel the bite of the sub zero temps we've had the past couple of days, I cannot help but to remind myself that we will be celebrating December in the tropics before we know it.
No comments:
Post a Comment