Thursday, December 12, 2013

King Winter


King Winter is now in the land
He reigns with cold and freezing hand.

He makes Jack Frost touch nose and toe
And brings us bright and shiny snow.


My littlest one wanted to paint sun catcher ornaments again today, and given the frigid temps outside, it seemed the perfect way to spend an hour this afternoon.

It seems like winter is racing towards us, and although I love to slow down time whenever I can, it seems we cannot escape the obvious fact that even though the calendar says it is not officially "winter" yet, we most definitely have stepped into winter weather.  We will be preparing for the winter solstice next week, but until then I am very busy getting ready for the holidays. 

I've also been very busy with my clients, which has made for a bit of an over-scheduled month so far. Admittedly, our homeschooling has taken a back seat to everything else, so I have vowed to get back on track next week with our usual rhythm. 

It's been so bitterly cold lately that we've had to go out and warm up our vehicles and scrape off ice and snow nearly every day.  I am definitely a fan of winter, but I must admit that as I get older, my body seems not to handle the bitter temps as well as it used to. As I went out to start the car very early this morning, I found myself saying aloud "Well, I certainly won't miss *THIS* when we are living in a tropical rain forest!".  I know that, in fact, I *WILL* miss the winter, but perhaps I will be glad that I do not have to warm up the car in sub-zero temps any longer. 

I could use a long night of uninterrupted sleep, but tonight is the opening of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug at the theaters, and that means hubby and I will be getting our inner geek on.  I am going to attempt a nap soon (instead of cleaning) so that I will not be completely shattered for my morning clients tomorrow.  I'm really looking forward to the movie tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment