Friday, November 9, 2012

Nine is Fine: Master Cleanse Update


I have finished my Master Cleanse, and am happy to report that I feel well-and-truly "cleaned out", and that I lost a total of 9 pounds in 7 days. My hubby and I decided that 7 days was a long enough period of time for us. He, bless his heart, has lost 11 pounds from the cleanse this past week.  

I won't kid you: the first couple of days are the hardest. By day three, I was feeling really great. Swelling and bloating that often plagued me had gone down significantly, and I was feeling more "regular" than I had in a long time.  My skin looks absolutely fabulous, and I just feel pretty darned great all the way around. I *AM* still planning to go for another 7 day stretch in December, after I've enjoyed a week of leftovers from Thanksgiving, of course.

We went grocery shopping yesterday and picked up a good supply of healthier food choices with which to stock our shelves.  I'm organizing my menu at the moment for Thanksgiving dinner, which will include healthier versions of some of our usual favorites. 

I can totally see myself doing this cleanse three or four times a year. What a great way to cleanse every organ in the body as well as the colon. A good friend of mine whose husband has battled colon cancer in the past told me that their oncologist has recommended the cleanse as a preventative way to help ensure good colon health. She was very excited to hear that we had done the cleanse, and told me that now her and her husband do it a few times a year as well.

I want 2013 to be a year of increased vitality in all areas of our lives, from abundance to health. I am really proud of my husband and I for sticking with it for the week and for working together to plot a path forward that will mean a healthier life for our whole family. I could not feel more blessed!


Disclaimer:  Due to the FDA and FTC rules on health claims, I would like to make it very clear that this is *NOT* intended as medical advice. It is simply my own experience. Make your own educated decisions about your own health, and consult a physician if you need assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment