Monday, November 19, 2012

Last Fire before Yuletide and Snowfall

This was our fire during the first weekend in November. 

We tried to get much of the yard scraps tossed into the blaze. This fire is also serving to burn down some tree stumps so that we can then go in and chop out the remaining pieces. The idea is to have an easier time of digging out the tree stumps so we can then expand our garden space.


Getting hotter!

This fire was finally starting to kick off some heat

I love how the flames lick their way around the wood

What is it about watching a fire that is so entrancing?


This was our first snowfall about two weeks ago


Yes, I'm trying to give Mother Nature a hint! I love winter!


I loved the way the snow looked like streams of white fire swirling under the porch light!

The kids try to move a knocked-over play house...without much luck. I ended up giving them a hand so that they could play in it.


Little Duckling Faery is examining the snow on her mittens


The back yard receives its first snow of the year

Look at the garden! Believe it or not, there is STILL some carrots and kale hiding out there!

I realize these pics are a little out-of-order with the rest of the blog, but you know how life can get busy. We're anxiously awaiting our next snowfall!!  This snowfall was really just a preview!



No comments:

Post a Comment