I've been using this Garden Song as a bit of a ritual and ode to my garden. Today I played it for the kids as they played outside and I tended to the garden. The kids learn so much by watching the process of gardening. They see the miracle of life, as a tiny seed slowly grows into a plant that then provides beauty and (often) food.
I find that I feel more at peace and connected to the earth in my garden than at any other time. Today felt particularly magical, as butterflies, bees and other wonderful beneficial and beautiful creatures visited us as we were outside today. The sun was shining and the temperature was simply perfect.
I just love watching the kids create games together. Their imaginations never cease to amaze me. My youngest loves to just lay down on the green grass, feeling its softness beneath her under the warmth of the sun. Is there anything more wonderful or magical than watching children outside at play?

No comments:
Post a Comment