I admit it. I have a guilty pleasure: gum chewing. Admittedly, part of this is my constant need to be chewing (which is part of my Compulsive Overeating Disorder, which I'm trying to work on). So, I buy gum in these 60-pack plastic containers (I chew about a piece a day, sometimes more). We've found several different uses for these containers, including a paint mixer for my husband's hobby of painting miniature soldiers as well as a holder for screws, nuts and bolts.
This time, I've decided to turn the containers into portable snack containers.
Once you peel off the wrapping, you could glue or tape on some colorful paper (or color a design on it with permanent marker) to make your own, unique wrapper. The kids would probably love a chance to decorate their own snack containers - just be careful to not use the marker on the INSIDE (such as under the lid) so that it does not come into contact with the food.
Baby looks at the goldfish with great interest....
Just the right size for little fingers! Also, there's a little spout opening on the top, where older kids can pour out a few pieces at a time of their favorite snacks. Ideas to try are: Goldfish, M&M's, raisins, small nuts....oh, and did I mention M&M's? ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment