Thursday, April 7, 2011

Recipe: Homemade Goldfish Crackers

I would like to thank girlichef for this great recipe!  Personally, I'm trying to construct my own 'cookie' cutter that will cut 4-6 goldfish at once.  When I have it finished, I'll definitely post it! I wanted to post the link to her recipe here, because if you are like me, you go through a lot of goldfish crackers in your house!  Because of this, I wanted to pass along a way to make your own nutritious crackers for a fraction of the cost.

By the way: you don't need to make them into goldfish crackers! You could cut them in a grid design and then pop them out of the grid and onto the cookie sheet. Just an idea!

We all love them. We love the whole wheat, and the extra cheddar, as well as the pretzel.  As some commenters noted, there are also ways you could make the crackers gluten free.  I'm planning to try to tweak the recipe as well to add other ingredients.  Enjoy the recipe!  Just follow the link to the original post!

UPDATE:  I found an article on ehow on how to make your own cookie cutters! So, save the $7 and go to the dollar store and grab an aluminum pan and make your own :D

In other news:
I'm not feeling fantastic today. I had a migraine the other day, and have been suffering with sinus issues ever since.  I have a pretty high tolerance for pain due to years of migraines, so that should tell you something if I say that I am 'suffering' with this!  It seems like it is my body's hint to slow down and rest more, but gosh darn it it seems I DO rest! It's frustrating to add a few more things onto my schedule and then get 'rewarded' with illness/headache.  I guess I need to be a bit more gradual about how I add more things to my schedule!

In even more other news:
Still no progress on the short sale of the house we're trying to buy.  It's stuck in bank limbo right now. Come on, bank, let's get moving! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment