Monday, April 18, 2011

Cloudy with a chance of lasagna


These are the woody stalks of kale that survived the winter - but unfortunately they will have to come up, as their productive months have passed.  There is not quite enough edible kale to add to tonight's lasagna, and so I'm really hoping the new kale seedlings I planted recently will come up quickly.

I have been heartened lately by the fact that the temps have been crisp but certainly tolerable for the kids and I to spend extended periods of time playing outside.  It's been such a long, cold winter, and I must admit that my spirits were beginning to wane a bit.  Spring has been pretty slow to get into gear around here, which makes me wonder what lesson there is in that?  Does this mean we have just a bit more time to finish off our internal work?

The sun is spending more and more time shining upon us, slowly awakening us from our winter slumber. It's time to let new growth come into our lives.  Perhaps the extended cold weather was a blessing in disguise, because I know that I am only recently feeling fully ready for the new growth to start to take off. My internal 'leaf buds' are just about ready to awaken!

If I have not recently mentioned how much I love being home with my kids, please indulge me for a moment.  As I posted about recently, it is hard to know when it's best to work for and with others, and when it's best to be at home with one's family.  The Universe keeps telling me that I do best when I am independent and on my own. It does get lonely sometimes, however.  There must be some kind of compromise, and I suspect that this year will be the year that I find it!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you. The Universe tells me I do best at home with my family and working independently, too. It's been a learning process, for sure! I'm working as a freelance writer now and doing more work every year. I'm hoping to do it nearly full time in a couple of years. I love it because it's an extremely flexible job and I love to write. Good luck to you as you figure out your path.

    ReplyDelete