Spring is the bright smile of youth!
Photo Credit: Luciano Lozano - Perfect Day
Well, we've definitely gotten our spring rains (at long last!) I've been trying to think of fun and interesting things to do for May Day (Beltane) this year. I am considering just a simple, quiet trip to the beach with the kids if the weather will cooperate. I definitely want to find something out-of-doors to do with the kids so that we can honor this fertile and budding time of year. My own budding garden has certainly gotten some attention from the kids (and by that I mean I've had to replant some that the kids have up-rooted). It's hard to get angry with them, of course, because I know they are just being curious.
We've gone to a Beltane celebration here in Maine in the past, but the drive is long and we've been so busy these past weeks that we really need something a little more low-key and closer to home. Sometimes the simple joys of being quiet enough to listen to nature is what works best for us. A nice walk on the beach, listening to the waves crash and the seagulls call is the perfect prescription for our crazy past few months! There will be lots of budding flowers on the walk to the beach, and maybe I can convince my husband to stop by the nursery on the way home to look for a new plant. A girl can dream, can't she? (Of course, I'm perfectly capable...and willing...to go to the nursery myself for a plant, but it would be much more fun if we can pick one out together! Trying to get my husband to have some interest in growing things is a secret
dream of mine.)
Do you have any special plans for May Day (or Beltane)?


No comments:
Post a Comment