Saturday, August 27, 2011

Shattered Swords and Broken Shields


And so, the dreams we had for our short-sale home have finally come to a close.  After a grueling inspection, which included the presence of our general contractor (who was making up a 'laundry list' with estimates on work that needed to be done), we got a very sobering Inspection Report. The amount of water damage, rot and other issues were just completely overwhelming. Then our general contractor called, and as though on cue to (inadvertently) rub salt in the wound, he gave us his estimate of the cost to just get the BASICS started on the home repairs.  Can you say 'ouch'?

So, after 6 months of blood, sweat and tears with this house...we have decided to walk away from the money pit.  It is with a heavy heart, to be sure.

We are moving forward, however, and building some good alternate plans for our future. In response to the stress that this whole thing has caused, both my husband and I have developed various different physical ailments. I am convinced it is our bodies' way of processing and releasing all that we have just gone through.  

Mother Earth is helping our bodies to release the past 6 months to open us up for the new blessings coming our way.  


Speaking of Mother Earth.... just like many others, we're getting ready for Hurricane Irene to blow through here this weekend. We're anticipating that it will be fairly diluted by the time it reaches us, but of course we'll be tying things down and taking precautions 'just in case'. I'm actually looking forward to the elements of Air and Water to bring their energy this way. I am going to envision the old things passing away into the wind, clearing our lives for new energy.  Naturally, I'm hoping that the Air and Water do not do any major damage on their way through!

Stay safe, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment