Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday Melee

Can you tell I'm dreaming of warmer weather?


1. The Magnificent: Name someone you absolutely adore, and tell us why.


Susan.  She's my best friend's mom, and is a very wonderful soul.  She has taken me into her heart and her family since I was her daughter's crazy little friend from school (we were 6 years old).  She was there for me the night my mom passed away, with open arms and a calm and nurturing love that has kept me enveloped ever since.

2. The Muddy: Tell us something about life you just don’t “get”.

I honestly don't get when people drive down a quiet, country road and crank their radios (usually beefed up with woofers, tweeters and bass enhancers) as loud as possible.  It is so incredibly inconsiderate to me. I cannot imagine disturbing people on purpose (and it seems to me that at that loud rate, they are clearly trying to make sure everyone can hear them).

3. The Magnetic: Name something or someone good (or bad) you’re drawn to and you just can’t help it. Tell us if you want to change this or not.

I am drawn to chocolate, and I really wish I could resist it.  I know that my weight would be SOOOO much easier to control if I could just stay away from the darned stuff!

4. The Mainstay: Who or what is something you just can’t live without? Why?

I cannot live without winter. Yes, it's true.  I need the cool weather for my physical and spiritual comfort.  I take the time to do a lot of inner work, and like the outside world, I also hybernate a part of myself so that it can emerge renewed in the spring.  While this part of myself is hybernating, I take a few bits of it out to examine.  I wish I could more fully explain why I need cool weather for my physical happiness, but I think that will have to be a pondering for another day.

5. The Masquerade: Tell us something about yourself we wouldn’t already know.

I am a sponge for information. I spend hours upon hours reading up on topics that interest me. This often includes things like gardening, and other interesting aspects of the natural world.


6. The Mettle: Tell us about a time you showed courage in yourself, or tell us what you wish you had the courage to do.


I wish I had the courage to lose weight. Fear and anger keep me trapped behind this fat, but I am slowly healing that one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment