Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy Spring!



Sandbox Fun
The weather has been simply glorious here lately. Here are a few snippets from life here in our little corner of paradise.  I hope you enjoy!  Above:  Our son is shown here playing with his friend. It's been a long, cold winter for them, and they definately are enjoying the chance to get outside for long periods each day to play.
A sitting baby!
Our littlest one is sitting and crawling - well, it is more of an army crawl at this point. She doesn't let that get in her way, however!  She scoots after the bigger kids and manages to find her way pretty much wherever she'd like to go.  I put her outside today in a walker and she very happily scooted around, watching all the sights and sounds of spring.

Our neighbor's chicken

We have neighbors who apparently are raising free-range chickens.  There are 6 of these ladies now, and they visit our yard daily. The kids go crazy when the chickens come around!  There is 1 chicken in particular that is very friendly, and lets the kids get close enough to gently stroke her back.  This is the same chicken who will help herself to come into our house if the door is left open and will clean up any crumbs the kids have left lying around. I allow it for a few minutes before I scoot her back outside. I'm not anxious for her to leave us a "present", so I figure the stay should stay short. Besides, I don't want to take a risk of fleas or other goodies from the chicken.

Weeeeeeee!
Here's our precious little one in the swing outside. She is definately enjoying the spring weather!

A glimpse of a frozen waterfall

I took a walk with a dear friend recently along the river, and we found so many treasures to snap pictures of! Here is a picture of a little waterfall that appears frozen in time.  Of course, we know that with the coming of spring, its hidden water will show itself!


I hope you've enjoyed a little peek at our spring happenings.  We lit up our fire pit last night and made s'mores with the kids. Then I did a bit of an invocation for a blessed spring leading to a fertile and prosperous, happy, and healthy growing season. I wish the same for you and yours. Blessed Ostara!

No comments:

Post a Comment