K2 at a local schoolyard
We have really been enjoying the nice weather lately! I've been doing lots of gardening (pics coming shortly!) and have been loving the fact I can open the door on sunny days and scoot the kids outside into our fully-enclosed yard. We have had to make a few repairs to the fence, but they've all been very minor.
I just love that feeling when the kids are giggling and calling to one another as they head down a slide or run around the yard. The innocence of childhood always lifts my spirits. We have been taking little day trips to local places where the kids can see nature in all her glory, and it has been wonderful! The look of awe and wonder on their faces as they explore their world reminds me of why I am a stay-at-home mom - so that I don't miss a minute of these precious years of discovery.
Conquering the tube slide
I have been dealing with some strange situations surrounding friendships lately, and so naturally I'm wondering what the lesson is for me in that. Maybe the lesson is that I need to let people be who they are and accept that not everyone wants or needs my help. I am a nurturer and a "fixer", so I instinctively try to fix all of my friends' problems. I need to remember that their lessons are there for a reason.
In other news, Beltane is right around the corner. We are planning to go to a gathering this year with the kids, and I can't wait! I really feel the need to connect with the pagan community in a deeper way. It seems to be a common complaint that the pagan community is not always terribly close. As a result, we seem to come together for sabbats and esbats (sometimes!), but the rest of the month/year we do our own thing. I think I need to find more friends in the pagan community whom I am more active with.
My car has been off the road for some weeks, and hopefully will be inspected this week so that I can drive it. When that happens, I plan to attend a weekly gathering of homeschoolers who tend to share the same belief system. If they are not mainly pagans, then they are all certainly pagan-friendly. I think this will even further revitalize my sluggish wake-up from my winter "hybernation".
Love the new logo! Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Starcat