Monday, February 11, 2019

Math Mischief Managed

White Board for DD9's Multiplication Practice

There's been a whole lot of math going on lately, 
so I figured I'd put some of the work for both grade 6 and grade 3 here in one post.

Firstly, I want to show the "standardized assessment" that DS11 took back in January (I've blogged about this before, but as a quick recap: He blasted through all of the grade 6 worksheets that were included in the Brain Quest workbook, so we felt he was ready to at least attempt the assessment. He passed with a 95%, which confirmed my theory that he had mastered the "usual" grade 6 math curriculum that his same-age peers in public schools would have learned for the entire year in only four-to-five months.)

Below are a few pics of his finished assessment:













We're currently now on the "Waldorf" grade 6 Geometry block. I am using the free download from www.waldorflibrary.org of First Steps in Proven Geometry for the Upper Grades, found here

Below are a few of our Main Lesson Book pages for this Geometry block so far:








And now for DD9's Grade 3 math. She has been still plugging away at worksheet pages out of her Brain Quest workbook, but below are samples of her MLB pages and activities that are focused on helping her learn her multiplication facts











No comments:

Post a Comment