Final Product
My thoughts on the project: The main objective was to get DS11 more comfortable with using a compass and straight edge,
which was definitely accomplished.
I watched the Pepper and Pine youtube video on this project, and I have to say that I am disappointed with the watercolor portion of this project.
(**Due to no fault of hers - we just did not have the same lovely results she had**)
You may or may not be able to tell here, but we switched from liquid watercolor (as Pepper had suggested) to watercolor pencils for the in-between sections. I now wish I had not used the "resist" medium, because it was hard to control and ultimately did not keep the watercolor from running.
I wish we had just done this project solely with the watercolor pencils, going all the way around with the pencils first, then wetting each color one at a time. They were MUCH easier to control, weren't as runny (or even close), and it looks much nicer on the page.
Having said that, it didn't come out too badly, but we will certainly know for our next shape!







No comments:
Post a Comment