Thursday, January 17, 2019

Thoughts For December


I had intended to post samples of work, pics of the children doing such things as singing holiday carols with one of our homeschool groups, and all of the things we had been up to during the holiday season, but it seemed to zoom by so quickly and I was really absorbed in just enjoying that family time.

I think one of the things I really love about homeschooling (I must start sentences that way in over half of my blog posts, eh?) is that it allows us the flexibility and freedom to truly enjoy that family time together. We push hard in the fall so that by the time the holidays come around, we can go at a much slower pace (lesson-wise) and just enjoy all of the fun holiday activities that there are.

I think it is so important for each family to find that balance between work and play. If I may be so bold, I would like to suggest that you err on the side of more play whenever you can.  I hope you all had a lovely holiday season, no matter what your persuasion. There just seems to be a magic in the air during the holidays that can be quite infectious!

No comments:

Post a Comment