Courtesy of the Outlander Patterns group on FaceBook
It has been some years since I have tried to crochet or knit anything. The last successful project I managed was a scarf in which I used a very basic stitch all the way through. I've always been fairly intimidated by knit/crochet projects because I never understood the shorthand used in the instructions and have rarely had anyone nearby to help me interpret them. Well, courtesy of the Outlander Patterns group on Facebook, there are a few very good tutorials to help explain some of the shorthand and help walk people through the project.
As such, I've decided to give it a go and attempt the shawl you see above (the shawl above is a knit one, so mine will look somewhat different being done in crochet). Also, I'm doing mine in a cream color with a heathered-gray stripe, as we'll be living in the tropics and a dark gray shawl would be far too heavy. Having said that, I can't imagine I'll dig my shawl out on too many occasions, but at least a cream-colored shawl could also look quite nice in a dolly bed or on the corner of a little girl's toybox when not being worn.
Here is my progress so far:
Now I need to wait to find out what the next stage of the shawl will be. I'm pleased so far that it doesn't look too bad for my first attempt in years to crochet!
Next up: little crochet projects for holiday gifts??

No comments:
Post a Comment