I think it's safe to say that I have a new love:
chalkboard drawings.
I have given my list to Santa for this holiday season, and at the very top of the list is a *GOOD* set of vibrant chalk....oh, and at least one more chalkboard! The more chalkboard drawings I do, the more I love it! I want to do justice to my visions with vibrant colors, but until then I've been making do with what I have. I am no Rick Tan, but one day I aspire to create chalkboards that hold up to the needs of a classroom full of children. My own children seem to delight in my creations, which is definitely good enough for me!
It may be a bit cliche, but I do try to take extra time in November to think about all of our many blessings and practice gratitude more frequently. We have an atmosphere of gratitude in our home as a general rule. If one of the kids pouts about a long drive, we begin talking about what a beautiful day it is and describing the interesting scenery passing by. Requests for new toys are met with a reminder to appreciate the ones they already have. We model gratitude for the children often, and I'm happy to report that it seems to be rubbing off!
I love it when my son says "Today I'm just happy to be spending time with my family!". Naturally, I turn into a pile of goo right then and there, and so I hug my amazing son and let him know how wonderful he is and that I love his happy outlook. Praise for such attitudes really does seem to go far, as does redirection for attitudes that can be less-than-stellar.
Today I'm particularly pleased that I have a new client for my home business. The natural flow of my income has always seemed to perfectly match up with our family needs. It does help that I make choices about what clients to take on and what income opportunities to pursue based on our family needs, but what I also love is when synchronicity brings opportunities into my life
in seemingly perfect timing.
There was a time when I wondered if I really "deserved" to be prosperous in my business, back when I was just starting out and felt I didn't have the experience others had to offer. As soon as I gained the confidence that I deserved and desired to have prosperity, prosperity began to flow my way. That is exactly what happened with this new client. The week that I stated the desire aloud to the Universe that I was ready for a change, I got a phone call from this new client.
When you homeschool your children and work at home, I believe you *DO* need to be mindful of who and what you allow to come into your space. Sometimes, with short-term clients, we can tolerate a bit more in terms of poor behavior from clients. Long term, however, and it can affect everyone in the home.
I have already begun working with my new clients, and it has been a truly harmonious experience so far - exactly what I had asked the Universe for. Don't you love when that happens??
I think that the choices we make in terms of what we allow into our lives can be very important. There are many who say that you should say YES to your life...and sometimes that means saying NO to something that does not serve you.
I am blessed with this life, and for the opportunities to learn so many amazing things - about myself and about others. I am blessed that I am able to honor everything around me, including those things which may be moving out of my life. Everything has a purpose, a time and season as they say.
I truly honor and appreciate my previous clients that were in our lives for several years, and look forward to a long and happy connection with my new clients.
I am truly blessed, and excited about our new chapter ahead of us!

No comments:
Post a Comment