Have you ever thought about combining homeschooling with world travel? This is an idea that we've been mulling around for a few years now. I've alluded to it in previous posts, and now as we are getting closer to the time when we can actively start to plan it (which for us is next year), the excitement is starting to spark.
If you are like me, you've read blogs from families that have traveled to some really exciting places in the world. The experiences that these families gain from these trips are immeasurable.
I am hoping to include posts from our various destinations as we are traveling. I also keep a private homeschool journal that simply jots down websites, worksheets and other goings-on in our homeschool for record-keeping purposes. I realize as I write that that some of you may be interested in some of the sites we use and whatnot. I plan to phase out that private blog and move everything over here, since I feel that sharing our journey with others may help benefit other families.
Thanks for hanging in there through every phase, mood and stylistic changes that happen in this blog. I know not too many people actually VIEW this blog at all. Maybe I'm just chatting to myself. If so, that's OK, too. If it only ever serves as a sort of online journal for my own thoughts, well then so be it. Maybe when the World Travel (tm) begins and my posts seem a little more interesting, I might discover more viewership. That's OK, too.
Life is what it is. Enjoy the ride!

No comments:
Post a Comment