Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Year Of Asatru



My husband and I have decided that it would be fun, educational and spiritually nourishing to spend a year studying and honoring Norse mythologies. We've felt a particular kinship with the vikings and other norse groups, especially as they refer to their mythologies and honorings of the seasons of the year.

We've ordered 2 books to use as a jumping-off point. They are:


and 

Norse Mythology: A Guide to Gods, Heroes, Rituals, and Beliefs


I also own (among others) a really great book called: 


Celebrating the Great Mother: A Handbook of Earth-Honoring Activities for Parents and Children



This is a great book for helping parents find ways to incorporate Earth-based belief systems into their children's lives.  Because the Asatru books and the Celebrating the Great Mother book all follow the seasons, we can get ideas for our own study as well as to marry the 2 in a way that we can incorporate our kids into our studies and celebrations.

I will likely double-post any adventures with Asatru both here and on my Hearthsgard Circle blog. I hope you all enjoy hearing about our journey!






1 comment: