Thursday, December 16, 2010

Solstice Approaches And Life Is Evolving


Is there anything more fun than celebrating special times of the year with your children? This year, our two littlest ones have been so fun to observe as they discover the joy of family traditions.  Our yule tree is up and decorated, as is our home.  We've gone on our annual family sleigh ride, and are attending a few gatherings this coming weekend.  It's so great to share this time of year with friends! As you may recall, I don't have much in the way of family, and so my friends *ARE* family for me.  They are our loved ones that bless our lives - which to me is the true definition of 'family'.

The Winter Solstice is approaching, which is a celebration of the return of the sun.  It's funny, however, because this is also the start of the truly bitter cold weather here in the Northeast.  I suppose I hold onto the idea of the sun returning to help get me through those colder months.  I keep reminding myself that as the sun continues to climb back up into the sky, it WILL bring warmer temperatures with it eventually.  I plan to do several activities with the kids to honor the return of the sun, but like most people, our true focus will be to simply enjoy the weather that we currently have.  Sledding and snowplay are definately on the menu!

In our home, we appreciate the 'spirit of Santa' - which to me means the spirit of giving, and all the joy that comes from playing and truly enjoying time together as a family.  I am trying very hard to allow that spirit to help heal me, but I have gotta tell you, it's been a rough few months.

Personal Stuff:

Since September, I've been afflicted with several different illnesses, seemingly one right after the other. I've had some bladder issues (which were probably my body's hint to put soda on the 'naughty list', which I *HAVE* done!), and bowel issues (more acid in the body, apparently)...along with colds and just a general issue with my nerves.  It would seem that stess has really affected my body, and I've had a tough time shaking it (although I do feel some progress is being made).  I know that there are a lot of emotions attached to these illnesses as well.

My relationship with my in-laws, which seemed to make some progress this summer, has hit a rough patch.  I have pondered over the last 6 years why I would choose to have this situation in my life. I know that ultimately it is for me to learn about unconditional love...and patience. Thank you Universe, I'm listening.

Now it's time to step back and evaluate my current state of affairs. It's time to do some inner work to resolve what's been on my mind and in my body.

I need to do this to heal myself.  The more I stand firmly in my truth, the better I have been feeling. Here is to continued inner work and evolving in peacefulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment