Thomas the train led our little posse this year. I was dressed in my usual ritual garb because I was attending an adults-only Samhain ritual immediately after trick-or-treating. When people commented that they liked my "witch costume", I told them I was a witch year round. Strangely, they thought I was joking - go figure!
The baby was a pumpkin, my oldest was Harlow Quinn (french mime of sorts) and my hubby was a knight. We had such a blast! The evening was soooo warm and wonderful! The air smelled so delicious as a very warm breeze surrounded us and blew the decorations in front of houses around eerily. The moon was full and bright and it was just a perfect night!
The ritual I attended was quite nice, but we got rained out halfway through and had to move it indoors. Still, we were able to honor our dead and had a solemn ritual followed by a feast, laughing and enjoying each other's company. What a great Samhain! Sunday we were invited to a friend's for a ritual, bonfire and having fun but apparently got some wires crossed and didn't realize that although the invite said 3pm-midnight, the ritual was to begin at exactly 3pm. We arrived around 5 and missed it. Still, we enjoyed hanging out with the hosts and 1 other couple, the kids ran around having fun and we got to see our hosts' new sacred space before we left. All in all, a fun weekend!
Here are some more pics of our costumes:
Looks like everyone had lots of fun! Thank you so much for the voice of experience. I just can't imagine this going on for three years. That must have felt like a life time.
ReplyDelete(((HUGS)))
I love the costumes - everybody looks great! I'm glad everyone had a good time, and that the ritual went well. Blessed Samhain to you and yours!
ReplyDelete