K. playing in the yard
I'm really excited about starting a new blog. I am hoping this new space will be a place where I can ponder life, share daily stories, and post ideas and information. I'll start off by posting a few thoughts about life this summer.
Here in our quiet little corner in Maine, the summer has been going along really nicely. I had baby #3 back in May, so I spent some time recouperating from my c-section and restarting my home business of home childcare. I've done this before and then went into the world of teaching when my oldest went into school. That was five years ago. I have loved teaching to a certain extent, but was a bit frustrated with the lack of support I got from my supervisor (but I'm sure that's a story for another day). I've often been a bit disappointed with what I've seen in the public schools. I thought I could make a difference, and I'd like to think that I did, but in the end I realized that home is where my heart really is. If I return to the schools, I'm hoping it will be in a school where creativity is encouraged and the atmosphere is much more supportive.
I'm ecclectic and earth-honoring, and so I am raising my kids with an appreciation for nature, the cycles of the year, and a curiosity of life that includes respect for the world around them. I don't care to push anything onto my kids, but rather expose them to different ideas and ways of thought and let them decide for themselves what feels right. I can HOPE they come out of childhood with a reverence for seasons and the earth, as they create their own tapestry of ideas.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope that together we can have fun exploring life, sharing ideas and celebrating our family, friends and the world around us! Blessed be!
This looks wonderful my darling! Im looking forward to seeing how it progresses! I love you!!
ReplyDelete