http://www.amazon.com/Real-Witches-Year-Kate-West/dp/0738714542/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251595783&sr=1-1I have so many things I could blog about today, but I felt inspired to just pull out one of my books and see what happens. In the above book, The Real Witch's Year, the entry for today is "Ancient Monuments". It reads as follows:
"It is not known how long people have considered ancient monuments, standing stones and other pre-historic 'building works' to be significant, but there is no doubt it has been thousands of years. Nor can we be sure why they were erected at such considerable effort. What we do believe is that they are part of our history; a link to our ancestors. So, to us they become Sacred Sites which we visit and where we pay homage to our gods. If you do visit a monument, try to do so when it will be quiet. Visiting Stonehenge at the height of the season, let alone at the Summer Solstice, may be interesting but it is unlikely to give you enough peace for contemplation or meditation."
American Stonehenge
American Stonehenge is one place I have put on my list of things to see (since I likely won't get to see the actual Stonehenge for some years). It is located in Salem NH (Here's a link for more info: http://www.stonehengeusa.com/index.html ). The website tells about events they hold, the history and all sorts of little tidbits.
On another note, today my husband got into a fender-bender. He's alright, and the people in the other car also seem to be alright. His beloved car, however, is TOTALED. He's pretty shaken up about the whole thing. I think he could use a visualization trip to one of these ancient monuments about now for some healing.
I'm just glad everyone is alright, but of course now comes the aftermath of such an ordeal - finding and purchasing a new vehicle on limited funds, dealing with the insurance agency, etc. It was a stone in the road we certainly didn't need, but I am sure there are karmic lessons here. * le sigh *

No comments:
Post a Comment