We created a 3D Solid to help understand this worksheet on surface area vs 2D area vs volume
DD9 did the top chicken, my sample chicken is the bottom one
DD9's Structure of the Sun page
DD11's Structure of the Sun page
This little quickie update shows how we're enjoying the hands-on experience today as well as our Astronomy lesson for today (we colored in the Sun page after watching a video about these layers of the sun). It's nice to see DS11 starting to take so much care with his work. He must have spent over 15 minutes coloring this in very meticulously today. He's really "leaning in" to his work lately, making me very proud!
If only someone had gotten me so hands-on with my math assignments when I was a child, perhaps it would have made better connections in my brain so that I could better understand math. I'm so thankful that I know better now so that the next generation will have a totally different experience and understanding of math. Both of my children are already heads-and-tails more comfortable with math than I ever was at their ages, and I credit much of that to the hands-on elements of our learning.
Cheers!




No comments:
Post a Comment