I wanted to join in the "fun" of posting the top 10 reasons we homeschool,
as have many other homeschoolers this week.
I would say that several of our reasons will echo what others have said before.
I will be specific to our own situation and experiences.
1. Cruelty From Public School Teachers and Administrators
2. Forced Cookie-Cutter Curriculum
3. No Safety Measures In Place In The School (our local school, that is)
4. Toxic Environment That Bleeds From The Top Down
5. Children Are A Number And A Score On A Test
6. Less Play Time.
7. Less Eating/Digestion Time
8. Dumbing Down
9. Sex, Drugs and Violence
10. Peace, Love and Joy Not To Be Found
OK, I bet you were hoping for more expansion on these reasons. I actually did originally expand on each one, and then I stopped for a moment. I realized that me venting about our experiences was not productive, helpful or positive. Instead, I figured the titles said enough on their own, and each person can fill in the blanks with their own experiences.
Having listed all of these, I have to say that I would most definitely consider sending my children to a private school if a) it were the right one and b) we had the funds to do so. Right now, however, the option is not a viable one for us, not to mention the fact that we are very much enjoying our homeschool experience.
We're home because we love it. We remain flexible and go with the flow of our needs. We stick to a general rhythm but are not afraid to deviate when needed. Our children are happy, healthy, and learning every day - and so are we.
No comments:
Post a Comment