I love visiting the lake this time of year. Since the water isn't quite warm enough to fully enjoy a swim, play becomes more focused on finding "treasures" along the beach, as well as gentle water play.
These two precious souls are becoming such wonderful friends. Fate made them siblings, but hearts have made them friends!
The colors in the scenery are truly enchanting this time of year.
Reds, yellows and oranges...oh my!!!
So we come to the exciting part of this post (ha-ha! Exciting for *ME*, to be sure!!!)
This is a picture of my new "toy". It is a Dremel Moto Saw. I also got some metal wood files as well. I am really getting excited about the idea of creating more of our own wooden toys that I couldn't resist getting myself the proper tools to do so.
Once I have really given this new saw a test drive, I'll post the results. So far, it seems like a great little saw!
The idea of putting so much love and care into the toys my children play with really makes my heart burst open. It is also a creative outlet for me that I honestly had no idea about! After I have had some fun making toys for my own children, perhaps I could even consider making some to sell on etsy. That feels like a big step for me, and one which I am not ready for in this moment, but I do feel the potential is definitely there. If nothing else, I feel so grateful to this new outlet that will allow me to make some precious wooden toys for not only my own children, but for friends and family as gifts.
I just love how exploring the different aspects of Waldorf education has been such a growing experience for me on a very personal level. It has opened up doors within myself and helped me to rediscover a fun and innocent side of my being. I am constantly reminded that this part of myself still thrives and very much wants to be let out to play. It is also a connection for my soul, because it is as though I see through fresh eyes the connections we all have to one another. Through these creative outlets, and by seeing the world through more child-like eyes, it is as though I am transported back to a time when all I noticed in people was the brightness of their spirit. I'm better able to feel that connection again, which reminds me each day that people come across our path so that we may all have a chance to recognize our soul connection.

No comments:
Post a Comment