Hoppy Easter!
Today I realized that I have been putting so much of the more private homeschooling info on my other blog, that I have neglected this one a little.
Here's an update on homeschooling and life in general. Our son is doing so well with homeschooling, I just cannot begin to explain the difference I've seen. He is so much happier with this arrangement. He springs out of bed looking forward to whatever activities I have put on the table for him.
Around 10am or so, assuming the weather is agreeable, the kids go outside to play for a while. It's been really cool and windy lately, so we've been waiting until the afternoon for our outside time. I have made a pact with myself to exercise every single day in April (I had been doing it about 3x/week in March), so the kids have been enjoying our workout time. I put on a workout video, and often the kids sometimes play along, doing their own versions of the moves, before losing interest and running off to play in the toy room.
My gardening efforts have begun with some seedlings (indoors) and even some peas planted into the garden outside. The kids are excited about each development that happens with the seedlings, so I can't wait for them to see the garden in bloom again. I have ordered some seeds for plants I've never tried before, so this year will be another fun year of experimentation as well as honing skills on plants I'm becoming very familiar with (like tomatoes and zucchini). I am particularly interested in different greens and herbs to try some of my own healing concoctions. There may come a day when OTC remedies are not as readily available, not to mention the fact that natural remedies are always my first choice.
The skill of being able to grow some food will never go astray. Even if times stay as they are, knowing that your food can be organically grown is also like money in your pocket, because you'll know your family is healthier and therefore not needing to visit the doctor as often.
Have a nice weekend, and take good care of each other.

No comments:
Post a Comment