Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Learning With Youtube
Every so often, it's fun to unwind with some educational videos.
One channel on youtube that I like in particular for my littlest ones is kidstv123 (http://www.youtube.com/user/KidsTV123), which features the above abc song. What I have done is to set up a few subscriptions on my own page for my kids to click around and find what they want. Also, I have put a few links up in my bookmark bar that the kids can easily click on (such as pbskids, disneygo, starfall, peep, transport to reading, etc.). The kids find it very easy to find exactly what they might be in the mood for learning about that day.
The internet can be a great way for kids to learn and/or reinforce learning. Clearly, you want this time online to be somewhat limited and supervised. The focus in childhood should be on imaginative play, but I don't see the harm in the occasional video.
Set the stage NOW, at a young age, for children to get used to the idea of limited online time, before they become teens who try to abuse their online abilities. Ask me how I know about that ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment