http://www.starfall.com/ is a site I'm surprised I am just getting around to reviewing. As far as sites for young children go, you really cannot beat this one. I think it would also be appropriate for upper primary age children who may be struggling with reading. The more you click around, the more games and adventures you find on this site. (Of course, nothing beats good old fashions pen and paper, but there are times when 10 minutes or so on an educational site like this one can be not only fun for the children, but also enhance learning).
Then it moves into learning to read. As you can see by the above pic, there are several different directions you can go into that will help the children put the letters they learned into words and sentences.
I just cannot say enough good things about the site! And before you ask: No, Starfall has not paid me for this endorsement! (LOL...unfortunately!) I just love it so much and our son has just gotten so much from it that I had to share it with any who may not have discovered this little gem of a website yet!




The internet has made it so much easier to home school your kids. I will pass this along to my daughter in law, my "baby" is now in high school. Hats off to all home school moms out there!
ReplyDelete(((HUGS)))
Thanks Dede! I agree!! The internet is brimming with so many great resources! Every time I turn around, I see yet another great site!
ReplyDelete