Saturday, September 3, 2022

Daily Verse for 2022-2023 School Year


                                                           Daily Verse

I look into the world
In which the Sun shines,
In which the stars sparkle,
In which the stones lie,

Where living plants are growing,
Where animals are feeling,
And where the soul of man
Gives dwelling for the spirit.

Love lives within each of us,
also Spirit woven in brilliant light
Sun, wind, earth, and fire meld
The elements sustaining life

To be true to myself is my daily goal
With kindness, compassion, and friendliness
That strength, inner joy and blessings may grow
To learn, to work, to explore, and my heart to express.


 I adapted this verse from the High School daily verse on https://waldorfcurriculum.com/HighSchool/high.html.   The changes I made to the original poem allowed our version to be more in fitting with goals and important tenets of our family in general, and our children in particular.  If you find our version helpful, even as a jumping off point for you to consider tweaking the original to fit your own family, then great! 

We've gone through years when we haven't really had a regular consistent/same verse, and years where we had no verse whatsoever, and I have to say that the times when we incorporated a verse at least somewhat regularly created a time for us to center ourselves and focus on our work ahead with an inspired mindset. I say why not try out a daily (or semi-regular) verse and see if it might help your family to focus on the day ahead. If you do a google search for Waldorf Daily Verses, you can probably find quite a few to help you get inspired.


No comments:

Post a Comment