Norse Mythology and The Vikings
(Hopefully) without rambling too much, I'm going to post some of the bits and pieces of our Norse Mythology block that we have started with my 4th grader. Above are some of the books we've chosen, and we are very happy with each one so far!
These wooden viking ships are available from Clickity Clack on etsy. I hope it doesn't sound too braggy to say that I was the one who helped inspire and design them for the shop! (https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClickityClack?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=502455952 )
Here are 18 Norse Myth story cards that I created and laminated with some little bits and pieces of Norse Mythology and Viking info. On the back of each are little burbs about them. I want to preface the following images with this:
1. These are images I found doing a google search. No copywrite infringement is intended, and since I am not selling these, I am considering their inclusion here as being for educational purposes only (which they are!!) and therefore qualifying as Fair Use.
2. The blurbs of info included after the photos are my own thoughts based on my own research. The information may be different from other sources and are not intended to be a strictly 100% accurate write-up of the information contained. It is simply a collection of commonly-held myths and ideas about the topic.
3. Please realize that the pics with the write-ups on them are necessarily flipped left-to-right from the actual photo. That is because they were written on the back side of these before I laminated them (and then cut them out individually).
4. As is often the case, the write-up cards are a bit blurry. I apologize. I am not a great photographer, and the camera on my cheap phone is not great. My intent is simply to share info I've gathered to possibly serve as a jumping-off point, inspiration, and/or to save you a bit of time if you are putting this block together yourself right now (or in the future).
I have found that clicking on the individual pics seems to bring up a clearer photo.
So, without further ado...








No comments:
Post a Comment