Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Craft Project: Viking Longboat (Year 4 Norse Mythology)


Well, this is the week! We've finally come to the beginning of our history block (or social studies block - whichever label you want to affix to it).  We'll be spending approximately 12 weeks studying Norse Mythology and the Vikings, as is common in the Waldorf Education model for year 4 students.

If you'd like to read my previous post that I did back when I was starting the planning for this unit, you can find it  here.

We'll be starting to read The Children of Odin today (well, listening to the audiobook on youtube, to be precise) and tomorrow DS9 will begin drawing in his new Main Lesson Book (he hasn't worked in one since about July or so, thanks to the busy-ness of our move, trying out public school for a bit, etc...if you've been following along, this will all be old news).  

I wanted to include the pic above (I have attached a link to the picture that links to the page where the directions for the longboat can be found).  I plan to pick up the materials that I don't currently have from the store this weekend so that we can try to make one of these next week.  I'm also hoping to get a memory card for our camera so that I can attach my own semi-decent pics again.

I hope you all had a great New Year, and may 2017 bring us all 
even more Joy, Love, Peace, Health and Prosperity!

No comments:

Post a Comment