Where to begin? This is a series of notes home from school for our kindergartener.
I am trying to focus my energy on the fact that this decision to homeschool is not entirely about this particular teacher. It would have certainly been more helpful if she were more approachable and responded to our repeated attempts to get in touch so we could all try to find solutions. We really would like to see more nurturing to the children in her classroom, but of course we cannot change another person to act as we'd like them to. I feel badly for the other children who do not have a nurturing, loving, compassionate and positively-communicative teacher. I am surprised the other parents continue to support this environment for their children.
Having said that, however....I want to thank Mrs. D. for being a catalyst to do what was in my heart to do since the summer. Her role, then, was to show up in our lives at the right time, and exert her particular personality and style more strongly during a time when the rest of the pieces of the puzzle were just falling into place. She played her part well, and I am trying to hold onto gratitude for it.
In metaphysical circles, some would say we all orchestrated this series of events so that the voice in our hearts would be honored.
If that is the case, then how can I be anything but grateful?

No comments:
Post a Comment