Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Power of Intention and Cold Weather Nears



Do you ever find it interesting how sometimes your old demons, or issues, come back again to revisit you if you don't fully deal with them?  I have an interesting opportunity ahead of me that I *KNOW* I totally attracted to myself for my own growth as well as additional income.  Here's the story:

A while back, I blogged about a child in my home childcare who I was letting go of. I had been debating that decision for some time, and one of the reasons I held onto her longer than I wanted to was the income she brought into our home.  When I finally decided that I needed her out of my home, I set the intention to replace that income. I left it to the Universe to manifest where that replacement income would come from.  So, I let her go and allowed my attitude and thoughts to relax about the money. I allowed myself to just "know" that the income would be replaced in a timely manner and in a way that would bring me something interesting into my life.  Enter my new 2nd job!

I did set a criteria that the position I was hoping for would not interfere with my workout schedule at the gym (I'm trying to go 4 nights a week, or 3 nights and 1 day).  I also sent a bit of a "wish" to the Universe that I would also find a bit of extra money to help defray the cost of my new gym membership (because I really, desperately need to lose weight. I'm over 200 pounds, and just not in a good place weight-wise).

I've had the desire to get into the world of adult education, and so when I applied for a specific position and got rejected (but only because of a certification issue with the particular position), I admit I was a bit discouraged. Then the director of adult ed. called me and told me he loved my energy and experience. He said I had interviewed really well and he was dissappointed that he could not offer me the position, and that he wanted to find a position for me on his staff!  This was back in August.

That was all well and good, but there was no position that he could offer me at the moment! We kept in touch, as an old position he had offered in the past was on his wish-list, but he was worried that in this economic climate, the superintendent would not approve the position. Well, long story short(er), the superintendent DID approve the position AND he approved *ME* to do it
So, thanks to my holding onto a vision of a position to not only challenge me, but to bring in cash and work with my gym schedule, this position appeared.   
Not only does the class work with my gym schedule (it will be 1 day a week - a night I do not plan to go to the gym), but the money (assuming I get the figure that I was originally quoted...)   1.) replaces what I made from the child I let go    AND  2.) completely pays for my gym membership! 

All this from the power of intention!

Cold Weather Nears

We've already had a few frosts here, and so winterizing has begunI still feel like I have a long way to go, however! I have 4 windows that will need to be completely closed off on the north side of our home.  I need to remove the a/c from our livingroom window as well.  The garden is still being put to bed, and I STILL have not gotten my cold frame together. I have taken measurements for it, but have yet to make it to the hardware store..but hopefully will make it this weekend.  I have kale sprouts that I'm hoping will grow quickly so I can put them into the cold frame to enjoy this winter. 

We'll be raking leaves this weekend to then spread over some sections of the garden. We brought the snowblower from behind the house to the front of the house, and moved shovels closer as well.  I need to break out the car blankets to spread over the cars at night (this keeps frost on the windows at bay as well as keeps us from having to scrape snow off of windows after a snow storm...try it!)

Reducing Energy

Right now, I am enjoying the sun through the windows, warming our home. I turned the heat on this morning for about 30 minutes to get the chill off, but it hasn't been on since. We're all in sweats, long sleeves, and warm socks. Since the sun is shining, that also means we don't need any lights on right now...so the only real major energy draw right now is...well, probably this computer! LOL!

I hung my clothes outside and on my drying racks (as I always do), and hand washed some of my under garments, saving energy and water.  The grey water from the wash went out into my garden, but future grey water could just as easily go into house plants or be used to clean my son's training potty.

My worm farm is still going well, which means I wont need to drive to the hardware store for compost (and no veggie scraps are wasted from our home!) ~ did you read that recent report online that said Americans waste so much food that it amounts to billions of barrels of oil each year being wasted? We don't think about the energy that goes into bringing food to the supermarket and then to our table...and we think even less about what would happen if that system were somehow shut down or become impaired.  Think about it. :)  Small steps can move us all toward more sustainability, save money, and give us healthier food and a better way of life (in my opinion).

No comments:

Post a Comment