Firstly, I am happy to report that I am still alive, despite my absence here at blogspot. Things with my ex-husband have finally settled down a bit into a bit of a "new normal". We are definately more distant with one another, but tensions have abated significantly. Maybe I just changed my expectations from him? I definately had to adjust to the fact that he no longer feels he can be as close to me as he once was and be close to his new girlfriend at the same time. The revelation was a sad one, but I needed to accept his evolution and where he's at right now. Ahhhh, acceptance of "what is"...definately one of my life lessons this time 'round.
The picture of the curtains above are currently on their way to my home. I found them online on clearance and got a super deal on them. I basically was getting sick of how dark and dreary my old deep green drapes were making my livingroom. My old ones were also far too long and wrinkly and just seemed to give a very unfinished look. I'm hoping these new ones will look more "polished" and yet simple. They'll match my red couch and chair covers nicely. I'm taking them into the paint store and matching the tan in the curtains to some paint. I'll then paint the walls tan and add new decorative curtain rods. I'm getting really excited about the room redo!
As for my inner work that I've been doing over ther winter, it has been very vaugue for me. I have, however, made some serious progress, but it is just in very untangible and explainable ways. The thing I *DO* know is that I feel more peace within myself than I did back when winter started. I went through some deep emotions regarding the rift with my ex-husband, but I definately feel I am stepping out of that funk now.
With spring coming next month, I am literally and figuratively wrapping up my winter "projects", both inner and outer. I've been organizing, cleaning and clearing out. I've been allowing myself to find some healing as well as doing healing for others - this has included Reiki, polarity and cranio-sacral work on friends and my husband (who is always an eager volunteer for me to practice on!). One day at a time. With the coming of spring, I feel the inner seeds of growth, which I know are preparing to stir with the awakening of the earth.

Hey anytime you need to practice your Reiki ill throw myself on that grenade!
ReplyDelete